Friday, December 07, 2007

Seattle Marathon

This was a fun shoot, although the picture above is one of the only actually creative shots I was able to take. I mostly just sat in a camping chair, sipping some hot tea and shooting hundreds of close-up mug shots of the runners. Then they get to buy prints of them if they want. Before the the race began, I shot some of the runners warming up in the near freezing air at like 6:30am. I hate getting up this early but once I'm up, I'm always happy and there are always good pictures to be made. This seems to always be true...maybe that's only because I'm never up that early so early morning time just seems to hold more wonder for me...I'm just seeing early morning stuff that I don't usually see...It's like traveling somewhere that you usually don't go. It's always good to change up the routine and find something new. For me, that's what photography is all about.

No comments: